Macon County is the 11TH largest county in Missouri. It is 798 square miles and has a population of 16,313. Classification-third class. Organized - January 6, 1837 and was named for Nathaniel Macon, a revolutionary soldier and North Carolina congressman.
The Macon County Assessor is Alan Spencer.
The Assessor's office is located in the court house square (small annexed buildings on the west side) at 101 E. Washington St. The Assessor's office performs various functions and offers services including:
- Maintain and update records of property transfers, splits and maps.
- Maintain assessment records for individuals owning personal property, business, farmers, etc. Example: cars, trucks, atv's, livestock, boats, campers, farm machinery, utility trailers, etc.
- Assisting Appraisers and Real Estate Agency's.
- Working with State Tax Commission who oversees our operation.
- By law this office is required to appraise property at market value.
Office hours are 8:30am to 4:00pm. Monday-Friday
Alan Spencer, COUNTY ASSESSOR
101 E. Washington St., Courthouse Sq. , Bldg. #3 ste. 301
Macon, MO 63552 -- 660-385-2416
If you would like to contact us by e-mail our address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice: By Order of the State Tax Commission, all Taxpayers owning personal property must report such property to the County Assessor between January 1st and March 1st. After March 1st, any person failing to comply with such assessment laws shall be assessed a penalty.